Labor Day weekend we "labored" some and played some. We enjoyed dinner with friends one night and then worked on house projects. Greg got our driveway resealed while I cleaned out our deep freeze. The week before when we had the water in our garage the freezer got unplugged and then never plugged back in. So by the time we found it a week later it was a mess! It was a big project getting all that yucky food thrown away! We also did several other things around the house that we had been wanting to get done. Sunday night we went out to one of Greg's friend from school's house for a bon fire. We had a great time of meeting new people and getting to roast marshmallows.
This past weekend we enjoyed dinner at friend's house, a birthday party of Alexa's friend, and just spending time together as a family.
Tomorrow the kids and I are starting MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). It is a national organization that offers classes for both moms and children. The kids will each be in their own class and I will have my own Mom class to go to. Each time we meet (every other Tuesday) we will discuss topics that pertain to being a Mom. I am nervous as to how my kids will do being not only away from me, but also from each other. I know they will have a WONDERFUL time once they get past the initial scare of being away from me. I am sure as the weeks go on the kids will do great with it.
Later this week my Mom will be getting here. We are very excited to have her here! It is important to her to be out here to celebrate the kids' birthdays with us. It means a great deal that she wants to be here for their birthdays. She will actually leave before Dylan's birthday, but we will still celebrate it. She will also be here for Alexa's Princess Party! This year Alexa decided that she wanted to have a "Princess Party" so we have bought everything Princess. Her and her friends will come to the party in their favorite princess dress. She is VERY excited! Our children's birthdays are very important to us. After losing two babies this summer we were yet again reminded of what little miracles our children are. They are a HUGE blessing in our life and we are thankful beyond words for them. So I love getting to celebrate their lives and the huge amount of happiness they add to our lives. So look forward to LOTS of pictures from their parties and birthdays!! :)
Ok, now on to a tougher subject to me. I don't know how many of you know or remember, but this Sunday will mark 6 months since Kyle has died. It will be an extremely hard day for me, as I am sure it will be for the rest of my family. The pain of the anniversaries seem to be worse then the pain day to day. Not sure if that makes sense, but that is how it is for me. Anyway, I wanted to give everyone a heads up, especially those of you that are in Gillette. Please, if you see my Dad and Nancy give them a huge hug from me. It kills me to be so far away from them. Just know that even though 6 months has gone by the pain is still there. There isn't a day that goes by that we don't miss him and wish that he was still here. I know I say this all the time, but he was truly an amazing person, a one of a kind. I will without a doubt, miss him badly the rest of my life. And yes, I still have days that I just fall apart and NEED to cry. Be patient with our family during this very hard time! Thank you to all of you that have been a HUGE support to my family and I. You know who you are and I do not know what I would do without you!!




2 comments:
They are precious miracles!! It sounds like you guys are going to be busy with their birthdays coming soon - and the "Princess Party" that sounds like it is going to something very special and fun. I will defiently be sure to say hello to your dad and Nancy the next time I run into them. Take care and those pictures are perfect - perfect little angels!
Misty. I am so glad your mother is going to be there for their birthdays. I love having them over for our kids birthdays. I can't wait to see pictures of the party! Some day I hope we all live close enough to attend the birthday parties as well!
Post a Comment