It is time for a much needed update as well as some new pictures! Things are going very well in the Holzwarth household. We are getting so excited the closer we get to Spring. We had a small glimpse of what spring weather will be like this weekend, but unfortunately it didn't last long. We know we will be getting more snow later this week. (sigh)
The kids are both doing very good and still never stop amazing us! They are both so fun and make us laugh more and more all the time. Dylan is now getting to be quite vocal as many of you have gotten to hear over the phone. His number one job is to make sure EVERYONE knows he is still here. If he doesn't get his way, he will be sure to let you know! He is also doing SO good with sign language! He will now do please, more, thank you, and milk all without always having to be prompted. I really wish we would have done this with Alexa. It truly makes things so much easier for all of us!! Thank you Laramore's for making the DVDs for us and getting them to us!!
Alexa is getting to be quite the little dancer and singer. She LOVES to dance as well as make up her own little songs. Her favorite song she made up is "I'm a PRINCESS!" To which she sings over and over again in her little sing song voice. It is pretty cute! She loves having music on and just dancing her little heart out. I can see us putting her dance in a couple of years!! She is doing VERY well on her preschool that we do at home everyday. We are working very hard at recognizing letters and she can now recognize more then half of the letters as well as tell you a few different things that start with those letters, such as "A is for Alexa, apple, ant, and Ava B is for bat, ball, book, butterfly C is for cat, cookie, car, Cooper". She loves being able to recognize letters when we are driving or just out different places. She gets so proud of herself, as do we!
Greg continues to stay very busy between both work and school. This semester his one class in particular is proving to be A LOT of work. But he is getting through it and still finding time for his family. He is such a wonderful Daddy and husband! We are so lucky to have him!
I am taking a finance class through our church on Monday nights. Both Greg and I were doing it in the beginning and the kids would go (or were supposed to) in the nursery. But they got to a point where they just wouldn't stay in there without crying. So now Daddy stays home with the kiddos on Monday nights while I go. I fill Greg in later on after I get home and we work through our budget and other material together. We are learning so much and can't wait to be debt free! That being said, we are trying to be very strict about living on a budget and knowing where EVERY dollar goes. We are going to be very strict from now on and will not be so quick to buy things we want. So, we are getting very creative when eating out, shopping for groceries, and entertainment. It will be so nice when the weather does warm up and will stay that way for several months, so that we can get outside more! Playing outside, going for walks, going for bike rides, talk about cheap entertainment!! :)
Thanks for reading my book, now on to pictures.......
Here are the kids doing one of their favorite things to do while I cook in the kitchen. They LOVE eating bananas together on the floor. They always have to sit right next to each other, precious!
Too sweet sleeping away. When he is sleeping he still seems like my baby.
Ahhhhh...FINALLY a day OUTSIDE!!!! We have not been able to play outside in a couple months (other then the one day playing in the snow). It has been SOOO cold here. So Friday afternoon the temp was 50 and we got to play outside. I had forgotten that 50 is still chilly, so I was excited and had us in jackets and no hats or mittens. I later decided it was still hat and mitten weather.
Dylan WALKING outside for the first time!! He was a little unsure about what to do, but learned REALLY quick!!
Pushing brother in the car. Poor Dylan has to ride in a pink car! But you can see it didn't bother him at all.

The kids in the wagon ready to go for our walk. They both thought it was SO fun that they could sit across from each other. Dylan of course didn't remember doing that this past summer. He kept laughing and squealing the whole way.
Dylan and his dino.....
Saturday morning we went outside to play with Daddy. This time I was smarter and put warmer clothes on the kids. We played with Daddy, had a little snow ball fight, went for a walk, and just enjoyed the nice weather.



Isn't he cute??

Our little beauty.....

Of course Wild Man had to check out the stairs too!! No surprise there!
Last night we all had fun dancing in the living room. Alexa was really impressing us with some of her dance moves!! Notice Dylan in his designer outfit, nothing but a onseie. :)






Thanks for taking a peek! We hope you all have a great week!
The kids in the wagon ready to go for our walk. They both thought it was SO fun that they could sit across from each other. Dylan of course didn't remember doing that this past summer. He kept laughing and squealing the whole way.
Thanks for taking a peek! We hope you all have a great week!




4 comments:
Your house is so clean! Especially your kitchen floor...wow, I am impressed! :)
You seriously have the most gorgeous little kids I have ever seen! You guys make BEAUTIFUL babies!! Alexa's hair is always so cute. I can't wait for the day my little girl has some hair! :D Keep up the awesome job, Momma!
Awww...thanks girls! Kristen, I do try to keep my house very clean. I am to a point a "neat freak" when it comes to places people can see in my house, just don't look in my closets and drawers! :)
Thank you Elizabeth!! I love doing Alexa's hair but feel like I don't really know what I am doing. The part that I love is that SHE wants me to do it and will even tell me how to do it. :) So fun!! I hear of so many little girls that won't let their Moms do their hair, that would break my heart! I love that she loves being a girl and all the girlie things that go with it! It took a long time for Alexa's hair to get long enough for me to do, it will be so fun for you when Aria's is longer!
I cannot believe how big Alexa is getting. She looks so grown up in her pictures. I cannot wait to see you all in March.
Post a Comment