We also decided that instead of dinner out we do lunch in. We fed the kids lunch and then put them down for their naps. While they were napping we made ourselves a wonderful lunch of bacon wrapped fillet steaks (bought on sale 2/$5!!!), baked potatoes, salad, and sparkling white grape juice. We lit candles and even got out our china. It was such a special lunch and SO intimate, much more then it would have been had we gone out. This goes down as one of our most special Valentine's Days ever! It truly was so special! Who says you have to spend a ton to have a special day?!?!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Happy Valentine's Day!
So this year we decided to do things a little different to celebrate Valentine's Day. We have been doing SO good for several weeks now living on a very strict budget and working towards getting debt paid off. Instead of spending a lot of money on gifts, flowers, dinner, babysitter, etc we decided we would go as cheap as possible. We agreed we could each get each other a card, but then end there. Greg did come home Friday night from work with these two beautiful roses (one for Alexa and one for me). He spent a lot of time figuring out how to make them and even made them on Tuesday (talk about planning ahead for a guy)! I was so touched and let him know that this meant so much more to me then him buying me flowers. How great is he?

We also decided that instead of dinner out we do lunch in. We fed the kids lunch and then put them down for their naps. While they were napping we made ourselves a wonderful lunch of bacon wrapped fillet steaks (bought on sale 2/$5!!!), baked potatoes, salad, and sparkling white grape juice. We lit candles and even got out our china. It was such a special lunch and SO intimate, much more then it would have been had we gone out. This goes down as one of our most special Valentine's Days ever! It truly was so special! Who says you have to spend a ton to have a special day?!?!
The kids did get a few little presents (things I had bought a while ago that were tucked away in the closet). Alexa wanted to open presents right away that morning, big surprise! :)
Notice how wild man has to STAND on the couch?!?!
Us together, gotta love pictures where you have to hold the camera yourself! :)
Ok, so I know I look silly in this picture.....but many people have been asking me about my weight loss, so I thought I would post a picture. I have been working VERY hard for months now on losing weight. I am excited with how far I have come but know I still have more to go. I am pleased that I am seeing results though! So this was me doing showing my "pipes" to Greg.
The "kids" coloring! Alexa got new crayons, nothing funner then coloring with brand new crayons! Mommy even gets excited for new crayons! :)
Daddy dancing with his littlest girlfriend. How precious is this?


We also decided that instead of dinner out we do lunch in. We fed the kids lunch and then put them down for their naps. While they were napping we made ourselves a wonderful lunch of bacon wrapped fillet steaks (bought on sale 2/$5!!!), baked potatoes, salad, and sparkling white grape juice. We lit candles and even got out our china. It was such a special lunch and SO intimate, much more then it would have been had we gone out. This goes down as one of our most special Valentine's Days ever! It truly was so special! Who says you have to spend a ton to have a special day?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I love the roses. They turned out so well. It looks like you had a great valentines.
What a wonderful day ya'll had! Love the roses Greg--you're so creative :) Glad you had a great Valentine's Day.
You are one hot momma! You look great Misty! I know I always say this...but your family is SO darn cute!
Your kids are really the cutest ever (ok...next to mine, ha!). Alexa has such beautiful eyes. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment