Tuesday, October 6, 2009

NICU Reunion

Our 4lb 5oz Alexa Dawn in the NICU 4 years ago

On Sunday, the hospital where Alexa was born hosted an NICU Reunion for all the past babies that had to stay in the NICU. Hard to believe our now 4 year old came into this world so tiny and struggling to live. You wouldn't know it it today!

It was neat getting to see some of the nurses and doctors that worked on Alexa. One of the nurses there dealt with a great deal of the scary things that happened Alexa's first night when she ultimately had to be intibated.

They had tons of fun things for the kids to do on Sunday. The news crew was even there, we recorded the news later and saw me standing in the background at one point and the back of Greg's shirt. That is our claim to fame now! There was even an amazing balloon man there. It appeared he could make almost anything out of balloons. We asked for a monkey for Dylan (our little monkey) and Dylan ended up with a monkey in a tree with bananas also hanging from the tree. Pretty cute! Alexa wanted a butterfly, no surprise there! The kids also got shirts that say "I'm a St. Luke's baby!".

This weekend we also moved the changing table out of Dylan's room. Our baby is growing up! *tear* He is thrilled with his "big boy" room. I will post pictures later of how his room looks now.


The kids with their fun balloons and t-shirts that say, "I'm a St. Luke's baby!". Dylan being Dylan, hiding behind the corner!


For those of you that don't even think my house is a mess...here is a picture to prove that wrong! Right now Dylan's changing table is in our familyroom (I am hoping to get it sold this week). So yesterday the kids "cooked" on it. Alexa spread everything out on the counter, just like I do on our big counter in our kitchen. It was pretty cute. I took several videos of them playing this way and Dylan just kept smiling during the video and saying, "CHEESE!".

This coming weekend is Dylan's BIG weekend! His party will be on Saturday and his 2nd birthday is Sunday. So hard to believe that our baby will be TWO!!

No comments: