Friday, May 8, 2009

Our weekend and this week

First off, it has been 7 weeks today since I lost my baby brother. It still has not gotten "easier", I still think about him constantly and miss him so very much. There is also not a day that goes by that Alexa and I don't talk about Uncle Kyle. She knows just how much he loved her and how special she was to him. I love that she loves talking about him. There are still so many times that I still can not get my mind to grasp that Kyle is gone. I just still can not even believe it. I still think about him constantly and replay our last visit together in my head, over and over again. Thank you for those of you that have been a huge support to me during my times of need. I can't even begin to tell you how much your phone calls, cards, visits, and emails have meant to me.

So now that the new weekend is here it is time to update our previous weekend! We had a very busy weekend to say the least! Saturday Alexa had her FIRST gymnastics meet! She did wonderful and made us so proud!! Below are links to you tube videos that I uploaded from her meet.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=etIK0u0jCCQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b691gTL2HYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6i18wPs9Fs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSp2lbU20cI




Here she is before her meet as we were going in, she is very excited!!






Waiting for everything to begin, just being cute!




Waiting as every one's names get called up for their different groups.





Our little peanut! I am pretty sure she is one of the youngest in her class and of course small for her age, but that doesn't hold her back!



Just waiting for her turn. I didn't get many pictures as I was taking video. Our video camera quit working some time ago, so now we use our digital camera for pictures and video. Makes it hard though when you want to video something AND take pictures at the same time!!








Waving from the trampoline!


All done with her certificate and medal! Yay Alexa!!



Saturday night Greg and I went to another murder mystery dinner. The theme this year was pirates. Greg was the first mate and I was a galley wench! We had a WONDERFUL time and look forward to it every year! Our friends that put it on go ALL out. It was so fun to get out with other adults for an evening (that doesn't happen very often).



Greg looking handsome as always!!



Me, being well....me! I know I am a goof!




This is the second part of the party. Greg's character was actually the one that got killed. So once he got killed he became a new character...hence why he lost his hat! So now everyone is trying to figure out who killed him......






Me with Captain Redbeard






At dinner








Seriously, how handsome is my husband???



Here is Greg with some guys he works with.
Greg, Josh, Ben (the killer), Tim, Lee (our friend who does the party every year), and Jeff



Lee and Shelly, our friends who have the party every year!


Yes, some people do go all out with making their own costumes, renting them, wearing wigs..the whole works! Then there is Greg and I, we are the cheap ones! We enjoy going around to used stores in town and putting our costumes together that way. We are also the only ones with little kids at home and a babysitter to pay as well! :)

Us!




We had a fun time and the kids had fun with their babysitter Maddie. In fact, the other night Alexa told me that she wanted Mommy and Daddy to leave again so Maddie could come babysit!!



Alexa was "holding" Dylan one morning and wanted me to take a picture




Our latest project......I wish I would have thought to take pictures before we started. This is after we started tearing out two flower beds and moving flowers. We are putting in a 9x12 patio, it has been a big project! It will be well worth it when it is done!


This is at 11pm on Tuesday night. Both Greg and I were extremely sore the next day!




Greg wetting everything down before we went to bed that night. We are hoping to get it finished up tomorrow. So more pictures to follow!

This was Alexa helping me do dishes this morning. She loves to help!!





We bought Dylan a new (ok, used bed but new to us) bed off of craigslist last night. The kids LOVE it!! We are not ready to move Dylan out of his crib just yet so it will end up in the garage, but for now the kids are having fun playing in it. Dylan has his jammies unzipped because he woke up with a fever today. Lots of yucky colds going around our house right now.



In case you can't tell, the bed is a fire truck! It is so cute!! We just couldn't pass it up!

No comments: